PERi-PERi roast chicken
- 1/3 Cup (80ml) Nando’s PERi-PERi Sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 Garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 tsp Dried chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken
Coconut and lime rice
- 400g Coconut cream
- 1 1/2 Cups (375ml) Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 300g Jasmine rice
- 1 Lime, finely grated zest and juice
- 10ml Thai fish sauce (or additional salt)
- 30ml Coconut shavings, toasted
- Chargrilled lime wedges
1 For the roast chicken, combine all of the ingredients together, rub over the chicken, cover and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
2 Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
3 Place the chicken into a roasting tray and pour the marinade over the chicken. Bake for 80 – 90 minutes, basting frequently.
4 For the coconut and lime rice, place the coconut cream, water, salt, sugar and rice into a pan and bring to the boil.
5 Cover and simmer, over a low heat for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
6 Remove from the heat and stir in the lime zest and Thai fish sauce or salt.
7 Serve garnished with the lime zest and toasted coconut shavings, the chargrilled lime wedges and the chicken.